Director of Nursing – DON
Prior Lake, MN
The primary purpose of the Director of Nursing Services, RN position is to plan, organize, develop and direct the overall operation of the Nursing Department in accordance with local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations. This position is charged with responsibility to ensure the quality of care is delivered consistently to the patient population.
- A current and valid state-specific license as a RN is required.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in a long-term care setting is preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Oversees, directs, and coordinates nursing staff to provide proper patient care consistent with standard nursing practices.
- Oversees the provision of appropriate medications, treatments and general nursing services according to the patient’s care plan and physician directed orders.
- Monitors and controls inventories of drugs and supplies.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations.
- Oversees the recruitment, selection, and hiring of professional personnel.
- Ensures annual evaluations are performed on all nursing staff, counsels and/ or disciplines personnel according to established personnel policies.
- Develops staff schedules in accordance with clinical needs of patient population.
- Periodically updates written policies and procedures that govern the Nursing department.
- Involved with the safety of the patient population by ensuring that all health, fire, safety, and sanitation codes are carried out in accordance with Facility’s Disaster and OSHA plans.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and maintenance of an ongoing Quality Assurance Program.
- Serves on various committees such as Patient Care, Pharmaceutical Services, Infection Control, Safety First, Quality Assurance, as applicable, which meet to evaluate activities within the facility and recommends changes in operations. Follows up on committee recommendations affecting nursing services.
- Participates in the assessment of patients to be admitted by evaluating the level and amount of care required by prospective patient in relation to existing nursing capabilities.
Marcus Griffiths – Partner